Looking for Your Stories
As the writing for this book kicks into high gear, I'm reaching out to all of you. I'm looking for examples and scenarios of the 7 illusions showing up in life and business environments. Here's a refresher of the 7:
- Illusion of Not Enough
- Illusion of Comparisons
- Illusion of Struggle
- Illusion of Control
- Illusion of Time
- Illusion of Hope
- Illusion of Certainty
I'd like to know:
- Do you see yourself in any of the Illusions?
- Can you think of specific times in your life when you struggled with an Illusion?
- Have you seen the Illusions at play with someone you know?
- Have you worked with a client or an employee who's struggled with one of the Illusions?
I want to hear from you. Here's what I'm looking for:
- which Illusion you're targeting
- a description of the scenario -- how the Illusion played out
- what was the result (the result could also be that there was no result -- the person stayed stuck)
If you're not sure of the particular Illusion, or it overlaps with more than one, just make a note in your submission. All submissions will be considered and anonymity will be protected. You will be notified if I decide to use your story.
Everyone who submits an Illusion story will receive an exclusive sneak peek at the first chapter in the book!
Please email your submissions here with "Illusion story" in the subject line.
A big thanks to everyone for participating!