5 Things You Didn't Know About Me
I've been tagged!
My friend, Suzanne Falter-Barns started a game of tag on her fabulous blog all around the "5 Things People Don't Know About You".
This fits perfectly into my theme this year around "Lightness of Being". How fun!
So here goes:
1. When I was going to college in NH, I went to a Red Sox game at Fenway with my roommate. I got hit by the ball. I remember hearing a statistic once that the odds of this happening are like 1 in 3 million or something like that. I guess I had the Law of Attraction working even then and I didn't even know it! (And no, I didn't end up with a concussion like Drew Barrymore in the hilarious movie Fever Pitch -- just a sore shoulder. And no, I'm not even a baseball fan -- shocking, I know!)
4. I'm crazy about great guitar players. A few of you may know this -- I've written about it a little here on the blog. I've seen Eric Clapton 17 times. Here's my top list of "gotta' have" music:
Stevie Ray Vaughn
E.C. (of course)
Upcoming shows I'm going to:
Robert Randolph, WebsterTheater, Hartford CT 2/15
Eric Clapton, Phoenix, AZ, 3/11
Derek Trucks Band, Warner Theater, Torrington CT 5/17
3. I talk to trees. Ok, this one may be a bit woo-woo for some of you. I've always had a spiritual connection to trees. To me, the greatest sound in the world is the wind through the trees. Trees are powerful metaphors for life in so many ways - strength, vision, groundedness, beauty, wonder.
Favorite tree quote - "The mightiest oak tree was once just a nut who stood his ground."
Favorite kind of tree - the American elm.
Favorite tree hero -- Julia Butterfly Hill (who is interviewed in my book)
I wrote the first grant for the Friends of Springfield Trees to provide funding for their website and tree plantings in my home town. I've even created a Lens all about trees at Squidoo. Check it out here.
4. When I was in high school, I worked at the deli up at the top of Squaw Valley ski resort in California. Every day i took the tram up the mountain, something like 4,000 feet. I remember one time it got really windy and the tram had to stop midway - just happened to be over the largest drop on the whole ride - and the tram swayed from side to side. We were suspended like that for at least an hour. It made me think of that scene in the James Bond flick, MoonRaker, when Roger Moore was fighting with Jaws on the tram. And yeah, I'm afraid of heights!
5. I love guinea pigs. My secret ambition has been to open a guinea pig rescue when I retire some day. Guinea pigs are some of the most underrated animals in the world. They all have unique personalities. They are loving and affectionate, creative and loyal. When I worked in long term care, I used to bring my guinea pigs in to visit the residents.
Don't forget to visit Suzanne's blog to discover her 5 things, and links to a whole bunch of other fabulous people and their previously unknowns.
Now post a comment and share something we didn't know about you!